Add the new ZFS file system Kernel module
This is very cool, ZFS will be available on Linux in a few days and it will have decent performance. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_kqzfs_benchmarks&num=1
Update: kqinfotech.com is no longer working on the ZFS posix layer. Instead Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory offers the entire ZFS stack:
* ZFS is an Enterprise level file system that many poeple trust with large amounts of data (>100TB)
* ZFS is much easier to use than the combination of linux RAID, LVM and EXT4
* ZFS supports checksumming which prevents bit rot.
* ZFS supports compression and deduplication
* strong support for ZFS will drive new users to openSUSE
* Hardware RAID Controllers are adding a layer between OS and hard drives that can be hard to monitor with linux tools.
* BTRFS is not yet ready today (it does not support RAID5 and is lacking many other features)
* Ubuntu server will have it.
Why would you not want ZFS?
Set user benefit
You can add different relations here, for example duplicate features, obs projects, urls...
To embedd an image you can simply upload it to paste.opensuse.org and add a relation to its raw url.
Set release notes
Last change: 21 months ago