Mobile Broadband Assistant Wizard
Though the NetworkManager applet does a good job of configuring Mobile Broadband connections, the steps to have the hardware itself useful are daunting. I propose that we have a wizard that assists in that process, leaving the job of connecting to NetworkManager.
- Upon launch, it checks hardware to know what is needed
- Checks drivers to make sure the hardware can be used.
- If good, then proceed.
- If bad, then search for driver in enabled repos and then online.
- Asks about service area, provider/carrier, and GSM vs CDMA if necessary.
- Checks information against a table/database and downloads appropriate *.exe from provider, or points the user to the appropriate webpage.
- Automatically extracts appropriate firmware from *.exe and places in correct firmware directory.
- Launches Gnome Connection Manager (KDE does not work properly yet for Mobile Broadband) and allows connection to be made. If possible embed module in Wizard for aesthetics.
Set user benefit
You can add different relations here, for example duplicate features, obs projects, urls...
To embedd an image you can simply upload it to paste.opensuse.org and add a relation to its raw url.
Set release notes
Last change: 3 years ago