Simple Scan (simple-scan)
Easy Scan - Is a very pretty straight away tool for scanning stuff. I understand we ship xsane by default, though offering both would be probably a good choice. For me and my hardware, (I need to scan a couple of documents once in a while) it does do the trick with a few simple clicks. This is very helpful if you are in a rush (usually if I scan something is because I am in a rush). It just works.
It is on Factory and openSUSE 11.3, could be default installed on 11.4. It makes all the sense within a GNOME Desktop oriented installation..
Why we should consider seriously:
* It most likely would meet the requirements of a wider audience;
* Because it's already maintained and packaged for current version and Factory;
* Because it's more user friendly than xsane and offer better integration in GNOME Desktops;
* Because it's a stabilized packaged it's free software;
One remark: this isn't about removing xsane, but instead provide simple-scan as default for GNOME Desktop.
Set user benefit
- OBS project GNOME:Apps: GNOME:Apps
You can add different relations here, for example duplicate features, obs projects, urls...
To embedd an image you can simply upload it to paste.opensuse.org and add a relation to its raw url.
Set release notes
Last change: 4 years ago