openSUSE support for ARM
As indicated by this  thread, and many earlier, there is demand for openSUSE ARM support. As discussed on the mailing list:
- the build infrastructure is already there
- there is a number of cheap and easily available existing ARM based devices (EFIKA MX , Sheeva Plug , Beagle Board , etc.) and many more are expected to arrive in the coming months
- we need developers
This last point is the most important, as creating an ARM port is more than just enabling ARM in the build service. Without enough developers this port can't be started, as there is a lot of work to do:
- sometimes it is enough just to fix packaging errors (where only x86 is considered in the spec file)
- often compiling on ARM needs some patching (either to find existing patches from other distributions or develop new ones)
- the openSUSE (YaST, etc.) tools need to be made aware of ARM
- testing on different target machines
Please add your comment, if you are interested in the ARM port and also that how you could help this initiative!
Set user benefit
You can add different relations here, for example duplicate features, obs projects, urls...
To embedd an image you can simply upload it to paste.opensuse.org and add a relation to its raw url.
Set release notes
Last change: 8 days ago