Dolphin command history
Just a quite unfinished idea here, see if I can explain it...
Wouldn't it be great with a command history view in dolphin? Think something analogues to the history page in a web browser combined with the bash history (one additional example: if you have used Matlab version 5 or later you probably have an idea what I am sort of getting at: http://matlab.izmiran.ru/help/techdoc/ref/commandhistory.html). Basically an interactive page which lists the previously performed file operations in dolphin,
In it's simplest form something like this:
Today (2009-06-20) ------------------------
move file | source path | destination
change dir | source path | destination
- Undo/redo list
- Simple way to repeat a command (just click on list entry)
- If you make the interaction really clever you could use it to create simple macros , mark the entries in history that you want to include -> save for later
- Log of what you have done with your files.
- Probably more use cases that I can not think of right now,,,
Ok with that said, I will not give you the pleasure to cut this to pieces all by your self, I will be the first to "help" you doing that ;):
1. Probably most would use the command-line for several of the use cases above (I do it myself and I am happy doing that)
2. To some extent this Idea intersects with other concepts, Time machine type functionality for instance.
Still I think it is an idea worth investigating, don't you?
Set user benefit
You can add different relations here, for example duplicate features, obs projects, urls...
To embedd an image you can simply upload it to paste.opensuse.org and add a relation to its raw url.
Set release notes
No comments yetLast change: 8 years ago