Off-Line one click install (MSI for Linux)
Idea from community member Raúl García.
Same concept as MSI packages for Windows but exploiting the One Click Install concept of openSUSE (and therefore inheriting the simplicity, code and security.
Basically a compressed file which includes a repository inside, plus one click install information, and a script to trigger the oneclickinstall handler with the data as payload in the script. Therefore is a collection of rpms that can be installed
detailed description is here
There is already a prototype working.
This requires some extra features in one click install and other pieces
- ability to force OneClick to add the repo (the one inside the compressed file)
- ability to suggest an update repo for the installed bundle
- support from build service to generate bundles
- easy way to generate them locally
- Ablity to trigger a YaST workflow (its own control.xml?)
This solves the business case of distributing service packs, applications, codecs bundles by just downloading a big file, 100% offline, supporting dependencies and repo signatures.
Set user benefit
You can add different relations here, for example duplicate features, obs projects, urls...
To embedd an image you can simply upload it to paste.opensuse.org and add a relation to its raw url.
Set release notes
Last change: 6 weeks ago