Package cache handling in yast
Add a possibility to edit 'keeppackages' option in *.repo files.
The downloaded packages are not kept by default, but it should be configurable by user.
The question is how it should be configurable. My suggestions are a check box or an extra menu item in the repositoru manager (repositories.ycp) .
Set user benefit
You can add different relations here, for example duplicate features, obs projects, urls...
To embedd an image you can simply upload it to paste.opensuse.org and add a relation to its raw url.
Set release notes
- check if the installed version of yast2-packager is 2.18.0 or later, with following command: $ rpm -q yast2-packager
- add a new Software Repository: open YaST2 -> Software -> Software Repositories -> Add
- during adding the new Software Repositories flag "Keep Downloaded Packages"
- install or update a package: # zypper install <package name>
- check if the package rpm file was saved in local cache (default: /var/cache/zypp/packages/)
Last change: 8 years ago