sync GPT and MBR on MacBook (mactel)
on multiboot setups on MacBooks and other mactel machines, using a combination of GPT and MBR is pretty common (and necessary if you either want to use grub or are also using Windows)
for installation on these machines we need to offer a way to sync the GPT to the MBR whenever a change to the GPT is made.
There exists a patch for parted to do just this (see Bug #220839) and also the sources of refit (refit.sourceforge.net, tool gptsync).
Set user benefit
- Related feature #303026: GPT partitioning and boot support
- Related feature #303924: fully support disks with GPT
You can add different relations here, for example duplicate features, obs projects, urls...
To embedd an image you can simply upload it to paste.opensuse.org and add a relation to its raw url.
Set release notes
- First try to install openSuse 11.2 on a macbook
- At the end of the Installation the GTP table should be synchronized with the MBR, otherwise opensuse probably will not boot.
- If you have a running system, try to make chances with gparted on the GTP table and check if it will be synced
- After changes on the GTP table, try to boot MacOSX/Windows and check the Partitontable, the changes that were made by gparted should appear there too
Last change: 4 years ago